Personal Data Storage Area
Every member of college has a personal folder accessible only by them held on the central college files servers. Theses servers are backed in multiple different ways to ensure that data can be recovered when necessary.
The most direct route to accessing your personal folder is to log in to one of the PCs in the IT Lab in the basement of staircase XV using you college username and password.
Access to your personal folder is available from your own computer providing it is connected to the college network, either by ethernet cable or via the JESU-WLAN wireless
Connecting from an Apple Mac
- From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+K to bring up the 'Connect to Server' window.
- Enter the following path to your personal folder replacing the ‘<username>’ in the example with your college username
- Click on 'Connect' when prompted, enter your college login and password and click “OK” to mount the network drive.
- Your personal folder will appear under the ‘Shared’ heading in Finder
Connecting from a Windows PC
- Click on Windows button then 'Computer' and select 'Map network drive'
- Select a drive letter to map and enter '\\fs1.jesus.ox.ac.uk\academic\data\<username>' as the folder, replacing the '<username>' with your college username
- When prompted for your credentials enter 'jesusit\<username>' and your college password