College Password Reset Facility
Your college password will expire in accordance with the rules set out for the University SSO accounts
Click here to continue to the Password Change site
This facility is only available from computers registered with college and connected to the college network either via Ethernet cable or the JESU-WLAN wireless
Password Selection Rules
- Must be at least 6 characters in length.
- Must contain at least 5 different characters.
- Must include 3 classes from:
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Digits (0-9)
- Punctuation characters (&,'^!."+- etc)
- Must not be a dictionary word or a name.
- Must be different from, and not based upon, your Oxford username.
- Must not be one of your five most recent passwords
- Must differ from the answer to your security question.
Further Password Advice
The password you choose should be as hard as possible for anyone else to try and guess.
We ensure that the password is not a word or name by checking a very large dictionary which includes proper names, words from several languages, and many non-words such as qwerty and 3.14159.
Choose a password you can remember without writing it down. If you need to make a temporary note of it, do so inconspicuously, e.g. on a piece of paper already full of other scribbles.
A good way to choose a password is to think of some phrase you know, or perhaps a line from a song, and pick the first, second, or last letters of each word. For example:
- "It's twelve noon and I am hungry" could produce: I's12naIah
- "My sister, Louise, has a birthday on 21 June" could produce: Ms,L,habo21J
Do not use these examples.
Further password security information is available.